Music Theory Worksheets (free)

I don't know about you, but I love to find free stuff that is useful! I discovered the following website yesterday (yes, on Pinterest) and was able to download tons of free music theory worksheets:

http://funmusicco.com/music-theory-worksheets/

Here is a screenshot of the home page:


I love that they give useful tips before they ask the student to complete something. In the example below, they show that when writing a major scale, you have to 1. space the notes out on the staff, 2. always remember the clef at the beginning, & 3. always finish with a double barline. After these tips, it asks the students to draw the scale themselves in both treble and bass clef (prior lessons had them practicing both clefs).


I also love that the worksheets have them identify when something isn't correct. On this worksheet, it asks the student to circle the incorrect measure. I also like how the end of this worksheet is very similar to Mark Wessels' "Five Minutes to Theory" worksheets. I've had my students all purchase those books before. They are great!


I also love this worksheet on Intervals. It actually seems doable by middle school band students.


And check out this very thorough 3-page worksheet on the Circle of Fifths and Keys. Love it! It is so visual. It takes the kids through the process of spelling the Circle of Fifths step by step, and then it has them fill it in themselves.




There are tons more too. You should definitely check out the site. There are units you can purchase, but many great freebies. I only showed you a small sampling. Have fun. :)

Comments

  1. I received comments asking for band worksheets. If you go to the link I listed at the beginning of this post, it takes you to the website where you enter your first name and email address to receive the free worksheets. It's pretty easy. You can then pick which worksheets you want to download and save. Hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim-This blog is great! I also teach middle school band and started a blog last spring! I look forward to reading more updates as your year goes on!

    Sarah
    musingsofsminey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for never responding and thanking you for your nice comment. I have not been too consistent with this blog. I think it's great that you started a blog. I just visited it again and saw you stopped posting five years ago. Hope everything is going well - maybe you are too busy to post.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts