Student Recognition Tags

Beginning band students...well, band students in general...respond well to positive reinforcement and recognition for good habits and behaviors. The first few years in band are what mold students into how they'll be as future musicians. It is important to set up good habits and behaviors right from the beginning. These student recognition tags are the perfect way to do that. I've bought a ton of key rings on Amazon and will give one to each of my Tennyson Middle School Band students to put on their instrument case handle. I've created 17 different recognition tags that I will copy on bright colored card-stock paper, laminate, cut and hole-punch. As I catch students showing these positive behaviors and habits, I will hand them to the students to put on their ring. The tags will be like badges of honor and will be a point of pride. I will keep track of which ones I've given to which students so I don't keep giving them the same one(s). 

I've also created Karate belt tags for passing off particular lines in the Essential Elements beginner method book so the kids can earn those as well to put on their rings. The Honors Band students can earn Scale Club tags (bronze, silver, gold and platinum levels) to put on their rings too. 

I'm looking forward to watching the kids work hard to earn ALL the tags. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts