Key Signature Cheat Sheet

How many of you have your band students use band binders to organize their warm-ups, sheet music, rhythm sheets, scales and so forth? Raise your hand! It's okay...don't worry about anyone looking at you weird. How many of you would love to have a cheat sheet for the order of sharps and flats, circle of fifths and how to figure out the key based on the key signature? Well, I created one. I'm actually pretty proud of it and can't wait to include it in my students' binders. My cheat sheet is specifically designed for silly middle schoolers. I used to have my students memorize the order of the sharps by thinking, "Ford Cars Go Dead At Every Bump," but think kids will memorize the order better by thinking, "Farts Can Get Deadly After Eating Beans." I actually stole this from another middle school band director whom I highly respect. I hope you like it! I left our band logo off of it so that others can use it too. You can view here. It will take you to the document uploaded in my Google Drive.


Comments

Popular Posts