Band Postcards


It is so important to keep your students motivated and recognize their efforts throughout the year. Writing simple postcards can have a big impact with not much work on your part. A handwritten note from you can totally change a student's life. A simple note from you will show you care and that you took the time and thought of them. It's likely a student or two (or more) will keep your note forever. Having pre-printed postcards can make your task of writing thoughtful notes easier and more efficient. Having a stack (of cute band-related) postcards at the ready is great. Take a few minutes of your conference period (when you're feeling a little brain-dead and not wanting to do other work) and write a few notes. Just flip your postcard over and jot a quick note on the back. Commit yourself to doing a few every week and you'll get through your entire band in no time. I've created a set that you are welcome to print and use. I've saved them as PDF's in a folder in my personal Google drive. You can access them here. Here is what one of them looks like:
The set all have the same general look with the trumpet, but have different coloring and wording. I  also created one with our band logo that me and the associate directors can use (see below). You can print 50 for $10 ($0.20 each) through Vistaprint. The price per card goes down slightly as you purchase larger quantities. Economy shipping is $4.99. I think that's totally the way to go though - printing them on your own will eat up all of your ink. And ink cartridges are not cheap! I'm ordering some now. :) This is what they'll look like: 
They should arrive the day before the TBA convention (Texas Bandmasters Association). I'm so excited to have these & write our students notes throughout the year. Message me if you'd like me to create a set with your logo. I'd be happy to! Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts