Organizing the Band Office

Today was all about organizing the band office. I'm almost all done. I just have one basket to sort/file. I should be able to get it done tomorrow. I cleaned out and organized both desks (inside and on top)! I also organized the two filing cabinets. I took lots of pictures.

This is during the process of organizing the file cabinets. I was the Queen of Piles today. :) Just look at that recycling bin! I got rid of a LOT of paper today! 


















Here are pictures of the insides of the file cabinet drawers (I use them for storage - not for files).

This is the top left drawer - Pencil Pouches, Dividers, & Clear Sheet Protectors (binder innards):



















This is the top right drawer - Catalogues/Magazines, Folders, File Folders, & Mailing Labels:



















One of the drawers has procedures copies & cassette tape recordings (those will eventually go in the storage closet with the other cassettes):


















This is the drawer for extra supplies:
























File cabinets are DONE!:


















I created labels (see here) to go on the front of each file cabinet drawer. I stayed with the chalkboard theme. The numbered circles are for the tuner pouches and chairs and stands. I will post pictures once I put the labels on everything.

Here are some more pictures of the band office. It seems bigger without all the clutter.

Here is a shot from the door looking back to the left side.


















My two diplomas. The pillow boxes I've made (and will continue to make) will go in the basket. I am going to fill them with golf pencils and erasers and give them to the kids on their birthdays. Remember the Happy Birthday labels and ribbons)? I will have their birthdays on the calendar hanging above the basket. By the way, this is that back corner facing the practice room hallway.
























If you turn directly around from where you were just looking, you'll see this - the other side. The windows face out into the large rehearsal room. Do you like the clarinet posters? Those were Chris's (my husbands). The small certificate on the right is from a former student (who is now at Garland High School). He picked me as his most influential teacher for the AVID program.


















The clean helper desk! That little red dot on top of the computer is a clay apple made by a student. :)
























The clock with the band logo. The kids always ask how I can read it without the numbers. I tell them that I just know where the numbers are - it blows their minds. Lol. The cool sixteenth note mirror was given to me by my former assistant director. It just kinda fits on this part of the wall. 
























My Teaching Certificate & my Midwest program and poster with signatures. Both are pretty priceless, in my opinion.


















My Sigma Alpha Iota certificate, cards, napkin, and pledging ribbon hang on the wall to the left of my desk: 
























This hangs right behind my desk and reminds me of two of the most important things in my life - my husband and dog: 


















My desk with customized mousepad:


















The view from the door. The comfy swivel rocker, both desks on either side, my stick bag hanging up (that's actually where I hang my coat or hoodie), the phones (on the window sills), the "Promise Yourself" poem my high school band director gave to me my senior year in high school, and the clipboards which will have the phone extensions for all the teachers in my school as well as the contact information for the other band directors in the district.  


















Here's a close-up picture of the poem and the clipboards. The clipboard on the right has the summer band camp information on it right now.

























I also have these hanging up in the office (Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future & Faith is the courage to dance to it today):


















And last, but not least is a picture of the back folio cabinet again. I decided to move the lamp to my desk since it is pretty dark over there. So I moved the teacher toolkit to the corner and made it look a little more "artsy." It freed up some more cork board space too. 


















Hope you liked the tour! :) See you tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Where did you get your draw system on top of the folio cabinet? I have been looking for one for my office and can't seem to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just a tackle box. I think I bought mine at Lowe's or Wal-mart. I found one on Amazon just now that you could order: https://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-10144-20-Inch-16-Inch-Hardware/dp/B003P2UOCO/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=storage+drawers+organizer&pd_rd_r=ea08a986-25ff-4a1e-9f53-9cd4da53301f&pd_rd_w=xW4Fx&pd_rd_wg=QQDnG&pf_rd_p=8c50fb3b-71cc-4f59-971a-9f0f19b41fd7&pf_rd_r=QSKV0Z6J1YAQYNDSG5F7&qid=1566675725&s=gateway&sr=8-14. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts