Pillow Boxes, Part 2

I completed over thirty pillow boxes - that should be a good start for the start of school. I bought golf pencils and erasers/pencil grips to put inside of them (one pencil and one eraser or pencil grip in each one).

I first "stuffed" the twenty or so ones that I had completed last month and tied or glued down the ribbon around the back. I ended up using Fabri-Tac Glue when I had to glue the ribbon because they were too short to tie. 













Here's a shot of the inside with the pencil and pencil grip.

Here's the lot of completed pillow boxes. 

I then wrapped another 19 toilet paper rolls that I've collected since the last time I did this project. I fit the paper a lot easier this time. I realized that I could get four wrappings per piece of scrapbook paper. I modge podged the wrappings on with a sponge brush and let them dry for awhile. I also learned mid-process the last time to lay out some aluminum foil on the table so as to not get any modge podge on the table. 
While those were drying, I cut out the tags. I already had the Happy Birthday tags printed - just had to cut out the circles. I then used the left-over scrapbook paper to cut even squares for the circle "Happy Birthdays" to go on top. I just used modge podge to glue the circle on. I let them dry awhile. I then glued ribbon on the back with the Fabri-Tac. 

Once dry, I stuffed these and tied the labels on. 
Here is the bag of completed pillow boxes (all 30+ of them). I'm thinking these will get me through at least the first month of school. 

On another note, Chris & I went office supply store hopping today in search of deals and specials for Teacher Appreciation/Back to School Sales. We started at Staples at 10:00. I signed up for 3 raffles - 2 for Staples Gift Cards and 1 for a Thirty-One tote bag. The drawings were supposed to happen at noon or 1:00. We obviously didn't stay and meant to go back at that time, but did not. I figured they would call if I won. I also won a $20 gift certificate for Mary Kay. I haven't gone on-line to cash it in yet. I picked up the Teacher vinyl bag which gave us 20% back in Staples Rewards for everything that fit in the bag as well as a 25% off coupon. Chris bought some ink for his printer which allowed me to get 5 packaged of college-ruled notebook paper for only five cents (a penny each!), two packages of Bic mechanical pencils for fifty cents (a quarter each), and two dispensers of permanent double-sided tape for $5 (normally over $6). The removable double-sided tape wasn't doing the trick for some of the bulletin board things I was doing up at school - maybe this stuff will do the trick. Almost forgot - Staples had complementary pastries and juice. I had a muffin and some fruit juice. We then went to Office Max where they had complimentary Chiloso breakfast tacos (yum!). I bought three rolls of Washi tape for the price of two as well as six packages of pens (3 black, 3 blue) for seven cents each. The teacher bag has lots of coupons in it as well - Jack in the Box, CiCi's, Chiloso, Olive Garden, Knockouts Haircuts for Men, Pizza Getti, Clean as a Pin, & Office Max coupons (can't use until 8/15). After that, we got Dottie some treats at Petco (it's next door to Office Max). We then went to Office Depot. The Teacher Appreciation event ended thirty minutes before we got there and there weren't any special deals, so we just went home. I'm still waiting to be contacted to say I won one of the Staples raffles. Lol. 

This post was completed at 7:45 PM on 8/10/13.







Comments

Popular Posts