Day of Many Projects

I did quite a bit today, but kinda feel like I didn't accomplish much. I know you know that feeling...when you've started many projects, but didn't really finish any of them... Well, today was like that.

Today began with a walk - first a 10 minute walk with my sweet, Dottie (she's my dog), and then another 30 minute walk with just me and my iPhone/iPod. It was great (except for the 90+ degree weather at 9 o'clock in the morning). 

I then worked on some of the inserts for this year's band binders as I was cooling down under the ceiling fan in the living room. I completed the cover page seen here: 

I left blanks, but I may end up doing a mail merge (to insert the information that would go in the blanks) - not sure yet. Blanks would be easier - just run copies and let the kids fill in... Still haven't decided. 

I also completed sheets for each instrument that will go at the front of their binder asking them if they remembered to... (giving instructions on how to properly clean and disassemble their instruments). See one of them here:

I have MUCH more to do with the band binders, but after I completed the percussion "Did You Remember?" sheet, I took a bath and made lunch. Then, Chris (he's my husband) & I went to Staples so I could laminate the labels for the "Teacher Toolbox" I bought at Lowe's yesterday. I managed to find labels in the chalkboard style that I used for the Music Literacy Powerpoint! 


We also picked up some supplies that are already on sale for Back to School. Is it just me, or have the Back to School sales been starting earlier and earlier each year? It's good in that I can get more deals (spread out for a longer time), however it is just too soon for my psyche. At any rate, we then went to Hobby Lobby so that I could get some Modge Podge & more ribbon for my repurposing toilet paper roll project. 

Chris wanted to just come home after that, but we had to pick up the plaques from the Midwest Band & Orchestra Convention that our Lone Star Wind Orchestra performed at this past December (that were messed up and were being fixed at Browning Trophies in Garland). So, we drove to Garland, put the plaques in the car, and tried to start the car, and nothing... So we went next door to a Chinese Restaurant to have dinner while we let the car cool down. We thought maybe it was just overheated. Chris texted our friends who live in Richardson to ask if they could come help us. They came right over. We borrowed Eric Browning's (the owner of the trophy place) jumper cables and hooked up our friend's car with ours and borrowed a charge from their battery. It took a little while, but we got enough "juice" and the car started. 

We came home and I got started on the toilet paper roll project. You ask, "What is the toilet paper roll project?" Well, I saw on Pinterest (I told you I got lots of ideas from Pinterest) that you can make these cute little gift boxes with toilet paper rolls: 


So, I've been collecting the toilet paper rolls to make these little boxes. I have scrapbook paper, I have some ribbon...just needed modge podge. So... here's what I've done so far (no tags yet):


I haven't gotten the goodies to put inside yet either. See what I mean by "not-finished projects?"

I then cut out the labels I had laminated (they started out like this):


I then monkeyed around for a bit trying to figure out the best way to adhere the labels to the toolbox I bought. The modge podge didn't work. I tried taping them on the inside of the drawers with double-sided tape, but they didn't stay that way either. So, I ended up taping them to the outside of the drawers with the double-sided tape. Here's the end product (without any of the supplies in the drawers yet):


I need to make more labels for the small drawers. Also, please excuse the glare. You can see the TV through the drawers (LOL). Chris was (and still is) playing Borderlands. He should be composing (he composes music for a living), but is in my opinion, a little obsessed with Borderlands. 

Well, I'm confident that I will finish my toilet paper roll gift box project tomorrow (I'll try to upload more pics), and I will make more progress with the band binders. Baby steps...

It is 10:45 PM right now (Tuesday 7/9), but I will schedule this to go out tomorrow. Goodnight, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts