More Binder Stuff - Horn (freebies)

So, how many of you still call it the French Horn? I've been taught to drop the "French" part and just call it the horn. Just curious. At any rate, I'm going to be talking about the horn, French Horn, Double Horn, whatever you call it. I will be calling it the horn. 

Remember, the Selmer Guide to Brass and Brass Basics handouts can be found on the previous Trumpet post. 

Here is a handout on horn care.


























Here is a basic fingering chart.





















Here is the first page of the concept sheet. Note: I do have the horns take much of it down the octave. I do not want my middle schoolers playing too high above the staff too soon. 















Here is page 2.















Here is the Daily Drill page for sectionals. I love how the Cichowicz exercises develop range.


























Here are some more slurs. They are more basic and could be used with your beginners.






















I know there is more great stuff for horn out there. I just haven't downloaded it yet. If/when I find some more stuff, I'll post it to the blog (maybe, More Binder Stuff - Horn, part 2?). Tomorrow's post will include handouts for the Trombone. 

Comments

Popular Posts