RIP Kidd Kraddick

The world lost an amazing man (Kidd would be cringing at me using the word amazing) Saturday. Heaven just hit the jackpot though. I'm listening to KISS FM's tribute and sobbing. Like many other people, I listened to the Kidd Kraddick in the Morning Show every morning for years and felt like I was part of that radio family. Kidd, we all love you and thank you for the memories.

















Many people have been commenting on how weird it is that just a week or so before Kidd's death, he did the Deathbed Confessions bit - almost like a premonition. I can relate to this. On the weekend of my birthday in 2003, I was visiting my mom and step-dad at their Fort Worth house (I lived in DeSoto at the time). My sister and her fiancĂ© were also at my parents' house visiting from Atlanta, GA for my sister's 10 year high school reunion. At any rate, when I was leaving to go home, I gave my mom a hug and she held on tight and started crying. She said, "I don't know when I'm going to see you again." I kind of shrugged it off because she was a little tipsy from wine and was known to get sentimental when she was tipsy. I told her that the end of the school year was near and that I would see her a lot over the summer (I would be coming over to do spend time with her and my step-dad, do laundry, and hang out by their pool). Little did I know that none of that would happen. Just a few weeks later, both my mother and step-father would be robbed and killed in their home. My mom and I spoke on the phone just hours before they were killed - about coming over for the Memorial Day weekend. That night a few weeks earlier when she hugged me tight and said she didn't know if she would ever see me again became the last time I did ever see her. I miss her so much - there is not one day that goes by that I do not think of her and my step-dad. I say a prayer for them every night and I thank them for everything they did for me, my sister, and my step-siblings.

Maybe Kidd knew that something wasn't wrong... Maybe it was God's way of allowing him to say goodbye in a way before he would leave us suddenly. I believe that's what happened with my mom - God allowed her to say goodbye to me before she was suddenly taken from us. I believe that God has played an extremely vital role in my life - protecting me from so many things. I was actually going to be at my mom's house that weekend and could have been killed too, but other things caused me not to go. Then I was supposed to go to their house on Memorial Day, but got sick. If I had gone, I would have been the one to discover their bodies and would have that image in my head forever. There are many other instances in which God protected me from what could have been the end of my life.
























Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts