Why Reinvent the Wheel?

Having an efficient and organized rehearsal space is very important to me. I will share some ideas through this blog in the future, but many of the ideas I get are from the internet. 

For example, there are many smart teachers out there who already have labels created that you can download for free. One of my favorite sites to check is Ladybugsteacherfiles.com:


She has amazing organizational ideas and free files to download. She also sells many items at reasonable prices. 

Another site to check out is www.teachersnotebook.com:


You can search for specific items at different price range (I search for the Free items), different grade levels, and different categories (music, for example). 

Pinterest is also (of course) inspiration to me for many great ideas. One of those I'm definitely going to try this year to keep my office more organized is this:


It's a tool box you can purchase at Lowe's or Home Depot. It has lots of drawers for pens, pencils, pushpins, paperclips, etc. You just put labels in the drawers and voila! The labels can be downloaded for free from the sites listed above or from Pinterest. Many "pinners" have opted to spray paint the toolbox, but I'll probably just keep it black. 

If you're interested in following me on Pinterest, here is the address: http://pinterest.com/tuckerkj/

These are most of the boards I've created:


But, I know you agree with me that "why reinvent the wheel" when there are already people out there who have done what you are wanting to do? If anything, you can take their work and tweak it to make it your own, or learn how to avoid making mistakes when you try to do it yourself. 

Comments

Popular Posts